Monday, April 7, 2014

Stingray Tennis Update, April 7, 2014

Well, we did it. We had our first match yesterday and we won most of the matches. My unofficial count was Storm Grove 11, Sebastian 7, with one tie. What was really great for me was having our beginners get their first experience. Thank you to all of the parents for your support of our tennis program. It was nice to see all the parents there and your kids appreciated your support, too.

This week we have a practice on Wednesday, a match on Friday against Gifford Middle School (they will be heavily favored), and a match on Saturday against Oslo Middle School. The match on Friday will be held at the Vero Beach High School tennis courts (south side of the high school). The match on Saturday will be held at Hidden Palms Tennis Club, located at 4291 5th Place SW in South Vero Beach. To get there from SR 60, head south on 43rd Avenue, past 4th St where there will be a traffic light, continue south until you get to 5th St. SW. Turn left, make your first right, then a quick right, and follow that road to the end. You will find yourself at Hidden Palms.

Their coach contacted me Friday and told me that they have a conflict at the scheduled time. It was scheduled for noon but now they need to make it 9 a.m. or else move the match to another day. The problem is we don't have another day that works for us, except maybe on a Wednesday. I would prefer to play at 9 a.m. I realize we have a match on Friday and then a quick turnaround to have another match on Saturday morning, but hopefully we can do this.

Please reply to me indicating if you are OK with the change in time, or not. Another option would be to cancel the match entirely, but I'd like to still have it, if possible. Again, please email me back to let me know if your child can play both Friday afternoon at VBHS and Saturday morning at 9 a.m. at Hidden Palms.

Thanks and I'll talk to you soon.

Coach Mike

Kendall and Madelaine 

No comments:

Post a Comment