Sunday, March 11, 2018

Update from Coach Daugherty March 11, 2018


Greetings Parents!

I am excited about the huge number of kids who have registered for tennis this year. We have 33 kids signed up to participate! Due to the extremely large size of the team, I am going to have to split the team into two teams. Each team will be evenly divided, so it won’t be a “Varsity” team with the better players and a “Junior Varsity” team with the players who are less experienced. The two teams will play each other and will also play against other schools.

I am also going to have to change the practice days. One team will practice after school on Monday and Wednesday and the other team will practice after school on Tuesday and Thursday. We will have our matches on Friday afternoons. If your child has a conflict on one of the practice days, I will work with you so that it isn’t a problem. We will also be playing on a couple Saturdays. The match schedule is not ready yet. I’m still waiting to hear back from the other schools’ coaches.

I will have an assistant tennis coach and have already spoken to the person I have in mind, but this has not been confirmed yet, so I’ll keep you posted.

In closing, I hope you understand the reasons why I’m changing the practice schedule. By dividing them into two teams, the kids will get more attention and be able to improve their tennis skills much more easily than if there were 33 kids out there on the tennis courts at the same time.

I look forward to a great tennis season!

Coach Daugherty

*********************************************
Mike Daugherty
Tennis Coach, SGMS
Mobile: 772.240.6436
Email: coachdaugherty@att.net
Web: stingraytennis.blogspot.com
FB: facebook.com/CoachMikeDaugherty/
*********************************************


No comments:

Post a Comment